In October, 2016, hospital extension project construction projects,The new complex building of outpatient and emergency wards formal completion. The whole construction is composed of 24 floors main building, 8 floors Podium Building and 2 underground floors occupies construction area of 225,000 m2with 1500 beds.
In 2009, the new Geriatrics Building was officially opened, with 317 beds on 20 floors (including 2 underground floors) and a construction area of 38000 m2. At the same year, the hospital opened 2200 beds, and the number of employees was 3186.
In 1996, the new Outpatient & Emergency Medicine Building was put into use, with an area of 22000 m2 and 19 floors (including the basement).At that time, the hospital opened 950 beds and the number of employees was 1945.
In 1956, the name of the hospital was changed as the Affiliated Hospital of Jiangsu Medical College, and Jiangsu Workers' Hospital. In the same year,the surgical building was put into use, with an area of 6251m2 and 3 floors. In 1957, its name was changed as the Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical College, and Jiangsu Workers' Hospital. Next year, the name of the hospital was changed into the Affiliated Hospital of the First Nanjing Medical College, and Jiangsu Workers' Hospital, with 628 employees and 502 beds.
In 1939, the hospital had to migrate to west China because of the Anti-Japanese War, through Yuanling in Hunan, Guiyang city, and was finally settled in Beibei, Chongqing. By renting a land of about 3300m2 there, the hospital reopened with 40 beds.
In 2011, the new Logistics Building was put into use,with 6 floors including the basement) and the construction area was 7300m2. And the Zuo Di j iang Rad iother apy center which was financially supported by a celebrated industrialist and philanthropist in Hong Kong, is also located in that building with 18 beds. At the same year, the hospital opened 2266 beds, and the number of employees was 3439.
In 2003, the New Surgical Building was put into use,with 516 beds on 16 floors (including the basemen) and its construction area was 28000 m2. At the same year, the hospital opened 1546 beds and the number of mployees was 2206.
In 1981, the hospital was renamed as the First Af f i l iated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University,Jiangsu Workers' Hospital.In 1984, the new surgical building was put into use,with 596 beds on 11 floors and an area of 20637 m2.In 1985, the hospital was also named as Jiangsu Red Cross Hospital. When it came to 1993, the name of the hospital has become the First Affiliated Hospital with Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu Province Hospital, and Jiangsu Red Cross Hospital.
In 1949, the Affiliated Hospital of Jiangsu Medical College was moved back to Jiangsu, and a 2000 m2 surgical building was built in Zhenjiang city. The Operation Rooms were set upstairs, and the wards for Surgery, phthalmology,and Otorhinolaryngology were in the downstairs.
In 1936,the Affiliated Clinic of Jiangsu Medical College was set up in Zhenjiang city,with 13 employees.